Monday, March 30, 2009

Sisters Circle Journal

Aack! I'm not very good at this blogging stuff. For one, I find my life incredibly ordinary, despite having four boys. Hell, the Duggar family has how many kids? My four are nothing. So I can't ever seem to come up with anything to write about that I think would be interesting to an outsider. I'm severely lacking the talents my sister possesses in her writing, as you can see here. Plus, I think I have a total audience of about 5, and that's being generous, so it seems like a lot of work for nothing.

Anyhow, the one talent I do seem to possess, that I always like sharing, is my gift for scrapbooking. My sis, Catherine, and I have been working on a Sisters Circle Journal for about 5 years now. Unfortunately we don't have much completed in it, because someone (me) gets the journal and holds onto it for about a year before doing her entries. If you have never heard of a Circle Journal, it is basically a scrapbook that is passed back and forth between various people and they each complete entries in it. Ours is just between us, and we each take turns coming up with a topic to do. Below you will see what we have done thus far, and hopefully you'll get a clearer picture of what it is all about.

I apologize in advance for some of the scans. Someone (Cat) likes to use very lumpy items on her pages and they won't lay flat in the scanner bed. I love her layouts though, so I'm not complaining. You can always click directly on a page if you need to see a larger version.

The Cover by Maryellen



Introduction by Maryellen



MBG by Maryellen



Cat by Catherine



Why I Love Having You For a Sister by ME



My Sister by Cat



My Kids by Cat



As you can see, when we started this book Cat only had two kids, and they were quite young to boot. We'll have to come up with a way to get William included in here at some point.

The Greene Team by ME



This one is actually kind of fun in that I put little card behind each photo that talks about how old my kiddos were at the time, and what their personalities were like. What's so cool is that even four years later their personalities haven't changed! Here's what I wrote for each one:

  • Andrew Carlson - Currently in 2nd Grade, Interests: Science, Math, Geography, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards & Gamecube. A very sensitive soul.
  • Jack Michael - Currently in Kindergarten, Interests: Everything his big brother does!, Even-tempered & kind. He loves to make you laugh.
  • Benjamin Fisk - Interests: Loves to sing & dance, read books & watch Dora the Explorer, Very emotional. Loves to give hugs & kisses.
  • Eli Loren - Interests: Enjoys getting into things & climbing onto places he shouldn't. Happy go-lucky & adventurous.
Home Sweet Home by ME



My Kind of Town by Cat



Catherine was living in Chicago when we started this book.

What I Like About Myself by Cat



Beautiful Me by ME



Sweet Feet by ME



I told Catherine that one should never post a photo of one's feet on the internet, but I love her response to my layout so much that I had to go there. So no comments from the Peanut Gallery about my awful dancer's feet!

Not-So-Sweet Feet by Cat



Lovely, huh. And no, these are not Catherine's toes.

What's In Your Purse by Cat



What's In My Bag by ME



Back Cover by ME



Well, I figure that this post was long enough to save me from having to blog for another three months. I'll post more of the book as we complete it....probably next year. :-) Catherine says we need to kick it up a notch with our topics, so if anyone has any idea how we can do that, please let me know. Just keep it at least R-rated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and so fun!!! I love you guys being sisters:) xo Traci